Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Professional Learning Network

            Learning from other teachers is a great way to expand my knowledge of useful teaching tactics and classroom activities that have allowed other teachers to best teach their students.  I strongly believe that it will be my job, as a teacher, to never stop learning; part of that learning is studying and researching teaching styles, lesson plans, and activities that other teachers have used in the past.  To do this, I can use Twitter, Pinterest, blogs, Google Scholar, and other online media to communicate with other teachers – outside my normal sphere of colleagues in my district or area – to share information and teaching tactics.  I will be able to communicate with them and learn not only what is working in their classroom but share what is helping my students learn best in my class.  Via websites like Twitter, I can follow research and studies of experienced teachers and educational researchers to better understand how they are best seeing technology and other learning tools learned in the classroom.  I hope to use my Professional Learning Network to expand my ideas and repertoire of classroom activities and to create an environment in my classroom that is more conducive to learning.  I hope to learn teaching tactics that will allow my students to learn in new ways that I may not have ever thought of before, while also sharing information that I have found works well with other teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment